ID: 1-1-2-0002C
Title: A Hunting We Will Go: Scene 2, Round 5 and 6

Authors: GM/Barda/Ki/PBEM Gang
GSD/GST: 125.01.23/21:56:22-27
Location: Stubby’s Glog-n-Slog

Barda_________________________________

Trooper Barda Nahrees continues to barrel through the establishment at great speed, hoping to burst through the doors and draw a quick shot off on the woman that has been identified by Control as a high priority target. She uses her eye relentlessly to attempt to identify potential threats about her, but her acuity and accuracy are diminished by her attempt at velocity.

Reaching the exit Barda looks right and spies her intended target. The blaster rifle at her side comes up to her shoulder as she takes aim, accounting for weather and distance; her cybernetic eye instantly displaying 22.73 meters to target – well within short range (30m) – and fires…

The shot hits. The target gets knocked to the ground but rolls to a sitting position. The chagrian dancer seems to recover from the blast somewhat better than most and is able to get back on her feet after a moment and continues running away, at a reduced rate, holding her left side.

Ki and Damaya_____________________________

Ki continues to follow Blacky but keeping his distance so that it doesn't appear that he is following him and the two he has in tow. As he walks behind them his right hand falls down to his side near his blaster while a thought in the back of his mind floats around ~ how easy it would be to kill him now with a blast or two in his back and to taste the intoxicating pain caused ~ Drayson’s eyes narrowed a bit as he shook his head to clear his mind of the floating thought only letting another thought float in ~ that was then, this is now, a fresh start ~

Only after Ki’s thoughts are his own again does he even notice the large speeder truck parked across the street.

Damaya follows Ki out the southern exit as backup in case he needs it. She is not surprised at the sight of a large speeder truck parked across the street. Her Jedi sense quickly adjusts to the outdoor surroundings and shortly thereafter detects a being in the speeder truck. She catches up to Ki to give him backup.

Sev and Swordfish__________________________

After Swordfish hands a confiscated comlink to Kristil, he jets off to catch up with Sev. The two of them head off towards the west exit to check for guard backup from the reciprocal of their entrance.

Arriving at the door, Sev and Swordfish are quickly aware that there is nothing to see on this side of the bar except one being to the right and the three that were with the barabel to the left. They do notice however, that the rain is beginning to come down harder and is closing off visual distance quickly.

Kristil____________________________________

Kristil has managed to tag every weapon and is working on tagging all the armor from the imposter guards.



GM NOTES:
The weapon and armor tags are courtesy of the bartender holding the blaster (maybe he’s done this before?).



ID: 1-1-2-0002D
Title: Blue Down Under: Scene 2, Round 7

Authors: GM/PBEM Gang
GSD/GST: 125.01.23/21:56:32
Location: Outside Stubby’s Glog-n-Slog

Barda___________________________________

"Vader's Bones!" she swears, under her breath. For her part, Trooper Barda Nahrees is amazed that the woman was able to get up again after a stun blast from her weapon. She takes a quick moment to run up the power on the weapon...more than a typical stun setting for a humanoid target, but still probably not enough to kill such a durable target. She efficiently returns the weapon to a firing position, and takes a moment to line up the shot, exploiting both her technologically enhanced acuity, and the wounded status of her target.

Trooper Nahrees fires her weapon with trained proficiency at the target, now 28.14 meters away. As before, the blast hits with deadly accuracy. The already slowed chagrian gets knocked to the ground and does not move to get up. Even with Barda’s cybernetic eye she is unable to determine the extent of the damage caused by the blast. The rain cuts down on visibility to the point that only a closer inspection will reveal any solid evidence of actual damage sustained.

Anyone that was visible on the street is now behind cover or running the other way to avoid the firefight.

You hear the Speeder Truck’s ion pulse engines start up as Ki and Damaya enter the alley. You also hear “Help me, please!” coming from somewhere behind you.

Ki and Damaya_____________________________

Ki's body tightens up a bit as he hears the blaster shot ring off behind him sound like a shriek from some sort of bird on the planet. As he does he turns his head slightly to the right to catch a glimpse of what's behind him but still being able to see his quarry ahead of him. A puzzled, questionable look starts to cross his face but ends too quickly for any one person to truly take note of it as he sees Damaya, from the fine establishment, whom he met briefly before the misunderstanding between the barabel and the guards. While Drayson turns his head back around to get a more direct look at his quarry a thought crosses his mind ~why is she there?~ then he speaks in a slightly cocky tone "Miss me already?"

Ki hears another shot ring out that sounds slightly different than the first. Undisturbed, he continues to follow Blacky into the alley behind Stubby’s.

Damaya hears the second shot ring out from Trooper Nahrees’ blaster rifle. She ignores the thought of turning around to look, as the rain would obscure too much to even be seen, and continues to follow Ki into the alley.

Blacky’s two ‘associates’ seem to get very upset when the first shot is fired. The second shot causes the human to ‘go nuts’ and try to break free of the superior grasp applied to his neck. “Help me, please!” he shouts. The hold appears to only get tighter, constricting his voice to a whimper.

Damaya, having caught up to Ki said, “What in the Outer Rim are you doing? If we’re going to capture the alien stop playing around and do it….” Her words are cut off as a blaster shot rings through the air. “Look, we need to get back with the others and take care of the Barabel and get them to a transport ASAP! If not, I am going to have to find a transport for them on my own. And no I didn’t miss your ugly mug for what its worth.” A devilish grin crosses her lips for just a brief moment. “So let’s go take down the big bad black alien and get back to the others.” She waits for Ki to make a decision.

Ki listened to the words Damaya had to say to him but the words that got his attention was, the others. What others unless she meant the Barabel’s friends but his ship couldn't hold all of them. To him the problem at the establishment wasn't any of his business or dealing with the alien and his two friends. But the look on their faces reminded him of a time past; a time when vengeance was his pact. And now, a journey through the gray to amend for past sins.

Drayson's eyes blinked slowly as his head turned slightly to the right then back forward as he spoke in a calm tone, “In time...., just let it play out for it may not be what it seems."

The Speeder Truck’s ion pulse engines start up as the two of you enter the alley.

Sev and Swordfish__________________________

Sev and Swordfish prepare to execute a combined fire shot at the chagrian from 18 meters away when two shots from around the corner of Stubby’s interrupt it, knocking the chagrian dancer to the ground.

The two of them, seeing their target down, run along the side of the building and stop just shy of the corner, resuming normal movement.

Past the corner to the bar you can make out the tail end of the speeder truck. And just as you do you can hear the speeder truck’s ion pulse engines start up.

Kristil____________________________________

All weapons and armor have now been tagged by Kristil and the barabel (who walked over to help out). None of the prisoners have moved. The houk bouncers seem edgy like they want more action, but the bartender holding the unusual blaster seems to be able to control them to some degree.

The barkeep asks, “Everything tagged? If it is, please move yourself back a pace. I would hate to have to shoot you as well if they should wake up and try to attack.”

Only slightly muffled, you hear two shots from outside the southern exit where Barda, Ki and Damaya went.

Kristil uses a first aid kit to awaken one of the prisoners and question him.
As soon as Kristil uses the medpac on the guard he goes into convulsions. If something isn’t done quickly he is likely to die.



ID: 1-1-2-0002E
Title: Two-Fisted: Scene 2, Round 8

Authors: GM/PBEM Gang
GSD/GST: 125.01.23/21:56:37
Location: Outside Stubby’s Glog-n-Slog

Barda_________________________________

The stern minded trooper smiles grimly as she registers that the blaster shot has felled her quarry. Barda quickly moves to where the chagrian fell. With no preamble, the woman holds up her comlink, and barks into it, "Control, this is THX 354. Target subdued. Will rendezvous with prisoner at H-Wagon pick up point. Over."

Stowing the comlink rapidly, she begins to haul the unconscious female to her shoulder... but not before searching her for the mysterious object.

The object is found quite easily; tucked away in the skimpy outfit the dancer was wearing on the stage. Upon first inspection the item looks exactly like a white noise generator used for private conversations. This one, if it works normally, has an expected range of 2 meters.

Ki and Damaya__________________________

Ki quickened his pace as he heard the human call out for help. As he did he felt a calmness rush over him mixed with a slight rush of adrenalin while he kept his right hand close to the grip of his blaster.

Damaya draws her blaster and sets it to full stun to make up for any armor that Blacky might be wearing. She glances over at Ki for a brief moment; her ears and minds eye listening for the rhythmic pattern of booted feet on ferrocrete.

"If we're going to do this let us do it now," she hesitates for a moment watching Ki to see if he is with her or if he is going to back off. Internal doubts flood through her but she quails them for the moment as she draws the force to her to bolster her courage.

Sev and Swordfish__________________________

Sev and Swordfish quickly cross the street. Swordfish makes for the cab of the repulsortruck to check and stall the driver. Sev moves behind the vehicle into its blind spot next to the rear repulsorlift array and listens for Swordfish's signal.

As Swordfish approaches the cab she begins by beating on the cab door to get the attention of the driver. The door opens and the first thing she sees is the same bright red uniform the other guards were wearing.

Sev has his blaster concealed and ready after making it to the end of the truck. Since the application is anti-vehicular he'll set for real damage rather than stun. He is in position for a point blank shot against critical parts of the vehicle and has decided to target the rear repulsor array. At this range the shot ought to do something, even to a speeder.
Sev looks for identifying marks and finds none.

Kristil__________________________________

Kristil is shocked by the results of such a simple 'bring-to' Medpac use. The man went into convulsions - certainly abnormal for such a neutral application.
Asking for the barabel to assist in a diagnosis, Kristil began again to assess what caused the reaction.

The barabel says, "Maybe he al-ur-jic? Med center better for this."

The levels of toxicity in his blood would, if taken orally, kill a normal human. The medpac could not have countered them. A Fastflesh would have done the same. No way to tell what the chemicals are unless analyzed at a full medical center.



ID: 1-1-2-0002F
Title: Puttin' on the Brakes: Scene 2, Rounds 9-11

Authors: GM/PBEM Gang
GSD/GST: 125.01.23/21:56:42-57
Location: Outside Stubby’s Glog-n-Slog
Here is the map for Rounds 9-11

Barda_________________________________

After Trooper Nahrees arrived at the main entrance to Stubby’s she heard two quick blaster shots followed by two more echo from somewhere very close. However, due to the heavy rain fall it would be difficult to determine the exact location.
A call to HQ would be appropriate, but not until the dancer had binders around her wrists, secured.

Thankfully, and without pause, Barda enters the establishment, water running off her body suit. In another place and time this would be stimulating to onlookers. Barda, however, had no time for frivolity. She was duty-bound to complete the assigned task.

Four minutes to arrival time of the H-wagon; time enough to dig out some dirt under the fingernails of the other prisoners. Besides, two of them had opened their eyes and had sat up taking in the sudden switch of roles to which they had been placed.

As a stormtrooper, Nahrees was highly trained in interrogation and moved next to the nearest prisoner to begin. ‘This is going to be fun’ she thought.

Just then the bartender holding the unusual weapon looks at Barda and says, “Trooper Nahrees. Why are you arresting my employee? What has she done?”

"Standby citizen," was her only response as she pulled a pair of binders from the confiscated equipment and placed them on the chagrian. Next, Barda retrieved her conlink and transmitted an update to HQ. That done, she could now focus her attention on the bartender's question.

Barda Nahress turns her attention to the man interacting with her. The harsh stormtrooper focuses her bionic eye on him scrutinizing both him, and his intent. Despite her hard beauty, the woman's manner is to say the least, disconcerting.

"Orders, citizen. When I called in these hooligans to Control, your employee departed. I uplinked photos of her to Control, via my..." she pauses, hating mentioning her eye at all. "My eye." The red orb, with its crosshair detail, makes a dull whirring sound, perhaps a focusing noise. "Control advised me to detain the woman."

She looks down at her again, and shakes her head. "Darn trouble taking her down. She has obvious high grade cybernetics. Took a stun blast, and then a higher level stun, at the limits of what would only take down a humanoid." She looks back up at the man.

"How long has she been in your employ?" she asks, with a scrutinizing look.

The bartender looks reactively at the eye and then away as if not to prolong contact and bring anger to the trooper. "I understand Trooper Nahrees. Thanks for the info." He pauses for a moment and says, "I believe my second there," gesturing to the other bartender, "hired her not three days ago. As far as cybernetics go, I don't know anything about it. I got a Med Scanner in the store room there that may shed some light on that. You're welcome to it."

Ki and Damaya__________________________

Blacky suddenly stops and turns to face you, partially covered by the corner of the building and his two prisoners (obvious now, due to the binders on their wrists).

"Leave now or die!" shouts the large black alien, a strange weapon in his hand pointed at both of you.

"Just like you plan to kill them?" Ki said with a calm tone "Don't think so; not today at least, so put your toy away and let them go into my presence, then leave." he said while his breathing started to slow and his adrenalin coursed through his body "If you have questions ask Gothar Naris, after you leave, about his business." Drayson stated in a calm tone.

Damaya pauses momentarily in silence waiting out the strange interaction between Ki and Blacky but still prepared to move and fire at a moments notice if Blacky tries to do other than just talk.

The large black alien responds, “It is not for you to decide.” With that he fires at both of you.

Ki's eyes went wide so that he could take in everything, and being shot at. As he does he try's to move with somewhat grace dodging the blast directed at him and placing himself in the way of the second shot for Damaya (by trying to grab her with his left arm to bring her behind him as he moves to the right).
Draysons mind fills with mixed thoughts that amass into a gray plane of thought of a probable three choices and outcomes, just as his right hand draws out his blaster from its leather holster with a greenish hue blast in Blackie's direction.

Sev and Swordfish__________________________

As Sev looks around for hostiles he sees that trooper Nahrees has secured the runner (chagrian dancer) and is headed back inside with the alien slung over her shoulder.

The driver speaks to Swordfish, "No time for that now pretty. Work to do. Go back in the bar and I'll meet you later." With that he closes the door with a wave of his hand to indicate Swordfish needs to move away from the vehicle.

Kristil and the Barabel_______________________

The guards' convulsing seems to get worse as foam begins to appear in his mouth.

By the time Barda arrives with the wounded, unconscious chagrian dancer the guard has taken his last breath and now lies still. However, two of the other guards are regaining consciousness with one actually sitting up shaking his head.

Barda moves to begin the interrogation when the bartender speaks to her.

“Trooper Nahrees. Why are you arresting my employee? What has she done?”

"Standby citizen," was her only response as she pulled a pair of binders from the confiscated equipment and placed them on the chagrian. Next, Barda retrieved her conlink and transmitted an update to HQ. That done, she could now focus her attention on the bartender's question.

Barda Nahress turns her attention to the man interacting with her. The harsh stormtrooper focuses her bionic eye on him scrutinizing both him, and his intent. Despite her hard beauty, the woman's manner is to say the least, disconcerting.

"Orders, citizen. When I called in these hooligans to Control, your employee departed. I uplinked photos of her to Control, via my..." she pauses, hating mentioning her eye at all. "My eye." The red orb, with its crosshair detail, makes a dull whirring sound, perhaps a focusing noise. "Control advised me to detain the woman."

She looks down at her again, and shakes her head. "Darn trouble taking her down. She has obvious high grade cybernetics. Took a stun blast, and then a higher level stun, at the limits of what would only take down a humanoid." She looks back up at the man.

"How long has she been in your employ?" she asks, with a scrutinizing look.

The bartender looks reactively at the eye and then away as if not to prolong contact and bring anger to the trooper. "I understand Trooper Nahrees. Thanks for the info."

He pauses for a moment and adds, "I believe my second there," gesturing to the other bartender, "hired her not three days ago. As far as cybernetics go, I don't know anything about it. I got a Med Scanner in the store room there that may shed some light on that. You're welcome to it."



ID: 1-1-2-0002G
Title: Black Tar: Scene 2, Rounds 12-14

Authors: GM/PBEM Gang
GSD/GST: 125.01.23/21:57:02-12
Location: Inside and Outside of Stubby’s Glog-n-Slog
Here is the map for Rounds 12-14

Ki and Damaya__________________________
Damaya, seeing that its two on one having shifted away from Ki so as not to allow Blacky a chance at catching both of them in a blaster shot makes her move after Blacky fires. She reacts on instinct closing within several meters, her lightsabre appearing in her hand, and flashes out with a brilliant deadly hum of superheated air. The blade extends further than some would have realized or perhaps it could be just the trick of light and darkness playing upon ones mind.

Ki noticed the energy blade come forth in a deadly hum which in turn started to cause a slightly quizzical look come across his face, but stopped just as quickly as it started when he brought his blaster inline with Blacky.

"Let them go and I'll forget what has happened here!" he said in a calm, slightly forceful voice. As he did his mind churned up all the knowledge it had on the energy blade in question, other than knowing it had to do with some children's story he heard in his youth.

Blacky shoves the two men to the right, into the nearby wall. He then pulls a small round device from his belt and thumbs the activation switch. A smile comes to his face as he says, "Not today Jedi! You will die with all the others of your kind!"

From this distance you can tell that the device can only be one of two things: either a grenade or the dreaded thermal detonator.

Damaya, seeing what is about to happen takes a most drastic step and launches the extended lightsabre through the air in a flat spin. If the Force be with her this day then Damaya knows her aim will be true. Without waiting to see the outcome she dives to the ground drawing her blaster; knowing that this will take another few precious seconds, but hopefully her first action will take the alien by surprise. Not to mention the fact that she has two of her allies with her to provide additional fire support.

Ki stands there with his blaster pointing at Blacky then he fires his blaster at him while saying "Can't kill what's already a ghost!" he said in a calm tone.

The blade flips through the air, humming with each turn, until it reaches the intended target. Blacky, startled by the flying blade, has no time to react. It hits him midsection and continues on like it was cutting air. The hilt, after passing through Blacky's body, hits the nearby wall and drops to the ground, still on. Blacky looks down as his legs give out causing his upper half to topple over. His dying grip on the device remains even after his torso lands on the ground next to his legs.

Damaya, fires at the next closest target, having no time to think about what just happened. Indeed the force was with her this day. After firing she rolls left toward the wall to gain some cover from any incoming blaster fire.

As it would seem, nothing came towards Damaya after Blacky fell to the ground with a double "thump!"

The two beings once held captive seem frozen in terror as they look at the scene before them. Their faces are glued to the upper half of the large black alien, now dead.

"Nice trick, you avail for parties?" Ki says with a slight grin as he holsters his blaster and walks over to Blacky's pieces. As he does he thinks to himself 'wasn't the way I wanted it to end, but...'

Once over Blacky's body he turns to look at the other two humans up against the wall "Well? You two have anything to say?"

"Is that thing… s-still armed?" replies the twi'lek as he shakily points to the hand holding the device.

Sev and Swordfish__________________________

Sev reaches out with the Force to try and locate any extra bodies concealed within the speeder truck. Finding no others save for the driver and Swordfish his focus is turned towards another eddy in the Force - this one coming from nearby - perhaps the ally where Ki and Damaya are located. As he looks through the darkness he sees the familiar glow of an ignited sabre.

Sev moves towards the alley to back up Ki and Damaya.

Swordfish moves away from the truck, but not too far. She takes up a position that allows her to watch (and flirt with) the driver.

The driver seems to be getting edgy as he waits in the running speeder truck.

Moments later a flash of pale blue light extends from the alley. This seems to stir the driver who begins to inch forward with the speeder truck, continuously checking the entrance to the alley for movement.

Barda, Kristil and the Barabel______________________

Another guard seems to be waking as he tries to grab his head. Seeing that he can't move that well he expels a groan, sits up and begins to survey his situation.

Barda coldly eyes the nearest prisoner as she moves to interrogate him. Her cybereye is set to record for transmission to HQ as she begins.

Barda turns her attention momentarily to the Bartender, who had offered a medscanner. "I'd appreciate it if you could get that scanner," she says, with a tangible menace to her tone. The cybereye roams for a moment, locking onto him. She really did wish to get a better idea of what sort of cybernetics this "dancer" had implanted.

To the prisoner, she asked, leaning close, "What was the intent here, of beating that citizen? Your lot isn't any Imperially sanctioned security force. If you come clean, maybe I can help you...if not...I'll start beating you myself." She speaks through full, pouty lips, looking almost sensual as she breathes out the threatening words of interrogation.

"I will reveal nothing, mutant!" was the prisoner's reply to the stark, cold words laid before him.

The bartender replies, "I'll have Dregan get it for you." He then motions to the other bartender to retrieve the instrument. Without hesitation (or out of fear) he immediately moves towards the storage room just to the south of the stage. Moments later he comes out holding the scanner.

"I've got it," he says, walking towards his real fear that is the Stormtrooper. He hands the device, reluctantly, to the trooper who turns it on and immediately scans the dancer.

The medscanner reveals almost nothing that an untrained being might readily discern. However, Trooper Nahrees detects an unusual metallic compound near both stun wounds. The signature is consistent with custom cybernetics - and the fact that nothing else shows up as artificial - makes this female chagrian even more mysterious. Was their more cybernetics to be found? Only a closer examination would give any real answers.

After the scan, Barda returns her attention to the chained prisoner that gave her backtalk. "You'll speak," she begins, her face impassive. Reaching around to his hands, behind the prisoners back in their binders, she takes the smallest finger of his right hand in her grip. With a sudden jerk, she snaps the bone, but keeps a grip on the digit.

"I'll ask again. Who sent you? Why masquerade, and beat up that barabel?" She says this in her hard voice, her human eye showing a sort of detached fascination. If she doesn't get an answer she believes, or likes, she'll twist the finger.

"Aah!" yelps the man when his finger breaks. Sweat begins to seep from his forehead, notably from the pain he just endured.

After a moment of living through the experience he composes himself and speaks. "Do what…you must. I will not give you…what you seek." The pain had to have been excruciating, the sweat forming on his brow gave the evidence to support this. His composure however, suggested something else; another kind of training, which only military, or perhaps mercenaries, received.

------------------------
Kristil begins the cleanup process around the dead guard while the Barabel continues to survey the other men for any sign that they might try to escape or cause trouble.

Of the two houk that assisted in detaining the guards, one has returned to his post on the north side of the stage. The other has remained to oversee the prisoners.



ID: 1-1-2-0002H
Title: Puzzle Pieces: Scene 2, Rounds 15-17

Authors: GM/PBEM Gang
GSD/GST: 125.01.23/21:57:17-27
Location: Inside and Outside of Stubby’s Glog-n-Slog
Here is the map for Rounds 15-17

Ki and Damaya__________________________

Ki gives a slight shrug with his left shoulder as he slides his blaster into his holster "Possibly so... I wouldn't touch it," he said with a smile. "So what's your biz with..." he says as he gestures with his right hand at Blacky "puzzle boy over here?" As he talks he looks over Blacky and the two former prisoners with a questionable glance.

Damaya retrieves her lightsabre, shutting it off, and retrieves the grenade (which might come in handy sometime in the future, she tells herself) and anything else of value from the dead alien. It would have been nice to take it alive for questioning but not at the cost of her life and those of her allies. But perhaps the two humans might have something to say.

"Well my friends," she begins looking at the two humans. "Shall we discuss this small matter here and now or would you like to take it up with someone else who has more than the average persuasiveness, bearing in mind that others might not be so kind as us," she says with a wicked grin still holding her lightsabre in her left hand.

The device turns out to be an active thermal detonator. Luckily, however, sliding it in the opposite direction easily deactivates the switch. The other items Damaya finds on Blacky are as follows:
  • 4 Concussion Grenades
  • One very odd blaster (you have never seen one like it before)
  • Large Chronometer (made to fit Blacky's wrist)
  • Binder Release Device (for the ones on the two former prisoners)
  • A typical Vibroblade
  • Heat Sensor Reader (still on and getting a signal) with two wall-mountable Sensor Pods
"Well my friend, I have no business with puzzle boy except for the fact that I had other business with the other alien you noted back at the bar. I hired myself out as a bodyguard and I was looking for a ride before all of this happened. I doubt my services are still needed since the officer by now has called for backup. I guess I will be looking for a new client again. Now how about our two captive friends here as well as the vehicle yonder, that is assuming Blacky here had a getaway plan that did not include our interference." Damaya turns to the two captives and eyes them with some suspicion.

"You mind telling us what this is all about?" She says in a softer tone, deciding that diplomacy would be the best policy at this point.

The two aliens balk at the 'blade toting' female - at first - but after a short time calm down enough to first ask if they could be released. Secondly, the twi'lek says, "I only wish I knew. He seemed bent on our destruction." The twi'lek then looked at the upper half of the alien and added, "perhaps we were the bait to get you. Either way I want out of here. However, I would like to offer our thanks for rescuing us. I truly thought we were dead." He hesitantly reaches out with his hands to indicate that he would like to be released from the binders.

The human follows suit by bringing his arms forward as well.

A roguish smile crept across Ki's face then disappeared as he shook his head slightly "I don't buy your story but if that's what you say went down, who am I to judge someone who's had the look like their about to die or go off to their deaths." His right eye twitched as he shrugged with his right shoulder "Maybe I was wrong then?" he said with a slight smirk but he knew that what he said was true and there was something else going on but it wasn't his fight or cause.
Ki then cracked his knuckles "Well then, I suggest ye two be off now and next time if you're in trouble I'd say something within where there's a few bouncers, lads."

Damaya turns to Ki with a slight mischievous grin. "What do you think my friend? Should we release them or let the law have them?" She fidgets around with the binder release device as she pretends to be lost in thought and waits to see what Ki and her other ally have to say about the situation.

"You do know that your reasoning doesn't fool me. Blacky here wasn't after me, they headed straight for you in the bar, and he brought back up to make sure all went peacefully. So you can see our dilemma. You need help, were more than happy to help, but first we try then we trust, without that we have nothing. So you want to try again and this time tell us the truth." Damaya puts the blaster (she will work on it later when she has time) and large chronometer (she will find someone to adjust it later when she has time) in her backpack. She slips the vibroblade into her right boot and places two concussion grenades in her utility belt and hands two concussion grenades to Ki (if he wants them). She also slides the thermal detonator into her backpack, it may come in handy sometime in the future.

The comlink Kristil handed to Sev dings, indicating an incoming call. Also, the comlink on Blacky's belt activates.

Damaya activates the comlink to listen and heads for the truck dragging the two ex-prisoners along.

Sev and Swordfish__________________________

Just as the speeder truck gets in view of the entrance, the blue light shuts off. Swordfish can see the driver bring up a comlink to his mouth as the speeder comes to a halt.

Sev reaches the alley and turns down it just in time to see the source of the blue light fly through the air, go dim for a second, and continue on behind the large black shape. Moments later the top half of Blacky slides off and hits the ground. Damaya and Ki then fire blaster shots into the now fallen torso. After firing Damaya gets up and moves to the upper half, reaches down and retrieves something from Blacky's hand, then collects something from behind his body - the blue light seems to turn off at that moment. Ki appears to be gloating over the body as he places his blaster back in its holster.

Sev, moving down the alley, overhears the following conversation:

Once over Blacky's body Ki turns to look at the other two humans up against the wall "Well? You two have anything to say?"

"Is that thing… s-still armed?" replies the twi'lek as he shakily points to the hand holding the device.

Ki gives a slight shrug with his left shoulder as he slides his blaster into his holster "Possibly so... I wouldn't touch it" he said with a smile. "So what's your biz with..." he says as he gestures with his right hand at Blacky "puzzle boy over here?" As he talks he looks over Blacky and the two former prisoners with a questionable glance.

Damaya retrieves her lightsabre, shutting it off, and retrieves the grenade (which might come in handy sometime in the future, she tells herself) and anything else of value from the dead alien. It would have been nice to take it alive for questioning but not at the cost of her life and those of her allies. But perhaps the two humans ight have something to say.

"Well my friends," she begins looking at the two humans. "Shall we discuss this small matter here and now or would you like to take it up with someone else who has more than the average persuasiveness, bearing in mind that others might not be so kind as us," she says with a wicked grin still holding her lightsabre in her left hand.

Barda, Kristil and the Barabel_________________________

Kristil continues the cleanup process and watches Barda go to work on the guard.

"Aah!" yelps the man when his finger breaks. Sweat begins to seep from his forehead, notably from the pain he just endured.

After a moment of living through the experience he composes himself and speaks. "Do what…you must. I will not give you…what you seek." The pain had to have been excruciating, the sweat forming on his brow gave the evidence to support this. His composure however, suggested something else: another kind of training, which only military, or perhaps mercenaries, received.

Barda reaches for one of the comlinks, her red bionic eye narrowed as she considers what to do. She opts for the simplest route...opening the comlink channel, and keeping her speech to a minimum, to make her unfamiliar voice as hidden as possible. Thumbing it on, she says simply, "Go," in a gruff voice, and waits.

The open com channel remains momentarily, then abruply shuts off.

Barda scowls, and throws the comlink to the ground. Returning to her prisoner, she twists his broken finger, her beautiful but stern face impassive, asking no question at all, but instead setting the tone that her displeasure will bring only pain.

The guard groans in pain as he looks at you with fierce anger and distaste. He tries to pull his finger from your grasp but is unsuccessful. "You will pay for this, mutant! There are others that will avenge me should I die. You have been warned."

With a tangible menace made through the sheer impassivity of her facial expression, the out of uniform trooper leans closer. She breathes the words through her full lips, "What others? I advise you to start talking... you'll talk for the interrogation droids anyway, once they pump you full of hypnotic drugs." To accentuate her point, she twists the broken finger again.

No reply this time, only a groan of pain. He continues to stare in anger as sweat begins to drip from his chin.